All of our products are covered by the same one-year warranty provided by Apple for their refurbished products, details of which can be found HERE as they apply to the UK and Ireland.
This warranty is serviced by Apple, not Utopia Technology, who act only as an authorized re-seller. Warranty claims must, therefore, be made directly to Apple through their warranty claims process.
The Apple warranty covers purchases of both new and Apple Certified Refurbished products for one year from the date of purchase (the ‘Warranty Period’). Any such claims for defects in manufacture or workmanship under this warranty must be made directly to Apple.
You may be required to upload proof of purchase to Apple in order to access their warranty service. You can find information on how to do this HERE.
Additionally, the warranty grants access to Apple telephone support for a period of ninety days from the date of purchase.
The warranty does NOT cover any non-Apple branded goods or accessories, even when packaged and sold with Apple products. These items may be covered by their respective manufacturer’s own warranty, and it is the customer’s responsibility to check this.
The warranty does not apply to the following issues or eventualities:
- Consumable parts such as batteries or protective coatings
- Cosmetic damage, such as scratches, dents etc
- Damage resulting from the use of third-party components or peripherals which do not meet the Apple product’s specifications (this can be checked on the Apple website for the Apple product in question)
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, natural disaster or other external cause not related to manufacture or workmanship
- Damage caused by using or operating the Apple product outside of Apple-specified technical specifications or guidelines
- Damage caused by service or upgrades performed by anyone who is not an Apple representative or Apple Authorized Service Provider
- To products which have undergone modification without the written permission of Apple
- Normal wear and tear
- To any product where the serial number has been removed, defaced or altered
- If Apple receives information that the device is stolen or you are unable to deactivate passcode or other security measures and you are unable to prove your lawful ownership of the product e.g. proof of purchase
In the event of a claim and any service being carried out, Apple will take no responsibility for any loss of data or events resulting from the loss of data due to work carried out under their warranty. It is your responsibility to ensure that all data is suitably backed up before submitting your device under the warranty.
Do not attempt to open or remove protective caps from any Apple product – only Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider should do this and doing so yourself may void your warranty.
If you submit a claim to Apple under their warranty they may choose, at their discretion, to carry out repair work using new or used but perfectly functioning parts; replace your device, or refund your purchase price in exchange for the return of your product.
When a replacement part or product is issued, or your product is repaired, the warranty continues to apply to the product for the remaining warranty period from the original date of purchase, or 90 days, whichever provides a longer period of cover for you.
The full terms of the Apple warranty as it applies to Apple products purchased from Utopia Technology are available on the Apple website HERE. Please consult these full terms in order to understand your rights and the limitations of cover under the warranty. Utopia Technology bears no responsibility for warranty claims with Apple being denied due to your failure to understand the terms of the warranty as presented by Apple. The above text functions as an introduction and general explanation of the warranty terms and conditions, but does not constitute the full terms and cover of the Apple warranty, nor does it affect the cover provided by Apple under the wording of their own warranty in any way.